What Causes heartburn Symptoms?
Things You Can Do To Control Mild heartburn
However if you are considering an antacid, and are pregnant or breastfeeding, take other medicines or have any chronic illnesses, please consult your doctor.
You can learn more about managing heartburn with a busy lifestyle here.
Of course, please see your doctor if an antacid isn’t enough to control your symptoms or if your symptoms worry you.
- Sandhu DS, Fass R. Current trends in the management of gastroesophageal reflux disease. Gut and Liver 2018; 12 (1): 7–16.
- PubMed Health. Heartburn and GERD: Overview. Institute for Quality and Efficiency in Health Care, November 2015. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0072438/
- DeMeester TR. Evolving concepts of reflux: The ups and downs of the LES. Canadian Journal of Gastroenterology 2002; 16 (5): 327–331
- Mittal RK, Balaban DH. The Esophagogastric Junction. The New England Journal of Medicine 1997; 336 (13): 924–932
- Bhatia V, Tandon RK. Stress and the gastrointestinal tract. Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology 2005; 20: 332–339
- Tytgat GN, Heading RC, Müller-Lissner S et al. Contemporary understanding and management of reflux and constipation in the general population and pregnancy: a consensus meeting. Alimentary Pharmacology Therapeutics 2003; 18: 291–301.
- A Comparison of the Effect of Regular ENO and Placebo on Intragastric pH in Healthy Fasted Subjects . Does not imply relief.